Some have done it, though it’s not our fault, it’s just the manner in which we’ve actually been trained, it’s what we’re used to. We give treats as a reward for doing well or maybe as incentive to do better and work overtime. Schools faint part way through candy as a reward, we give treats to pacify our infants, we treat ourselves by choosing the drive-through or popping a package within the microwave for supper rather than taking some time to ready a home cooked meal. We’ve been establishing the connection that toxic treats are associated with something that is perfect for you because it’s given when something good has been achieved.
And why wouldn’t we try this? The USDA, FDA, advertising executives and food manufacturers are telling us these treats are great for we. After all, they are actually saying it with big, bold, colorful characters and celebrities. They are definitely telling us they have actually added fiber and vitamins, they are definitely gluten free, sugar free or fat free, they are made out of ‘natural’ ingredients; they aid our infants grow feeling well. Without a doubt we believe it, these people wouldn’t intentionally be promoting things which abdominable for us; would they?
Everyone of these claims are for marketing purposes, yes some may be true however the path to achieve them will be to manipulate what is in the product by means of a major degree they do not have any nutrition value in any respect, they usually have an adverse effect.
McDonald’s, Taco Bell together with other unhealthy food are routinely given for being treat. This only reinforces the perception of them being good or perhaps even food, of course view it. As our infants grow and begin experiencing the stresses of life they actually appear for tactics to deal with that stress and what better way than to give a good treat. Treating ourselves often works; by no means is this a bad idea in any respect, it is actually kind of treat we’re choosing that’s the bad idea. When we appeared to be taught buy a walk, play an event, have some quiet time, garden or cook and given some strawberries, a cupful of blueberries or possibly a select few almonds instead of a pile of fries, candy or a popsicle; the adults of today would not be facing an outbreak of obesity, diabetes, depression, etc.
I wish I had known everything that I do know now back when my children were young. Their treats would be completely different today. They’d provide actual health benefits, be jammed with nutrition but not causing them harm. My memory serves me taking my son towards the doctor when he was in preschool resulting from disruptive behavior among the classroom. The doctor told me I could try changing his diet or put him on medication. I didn’t want to give him medication (actually narcotics), he was far too young. I additionally dismissed changing his diet given the fact that i felt it may be excessively but also did not think so would make a positive change, Which i could not see any sense inside the idea. Anyway, it was so convenient to reside in him processed and fast foods, sugary cereals, crackers and fruit flavored drinks. My ‘logical reasoning’ was that we would be a single mother and it is certainly overwhelming. I thought i had better do eventually pick the route of narcotic medication, I still regret this decision today.
I actually had a recent experience in supermarkets utilizing a loved one. An outdoor camping trip was planned and treats when it comes to the children were being purchased; everyone of these were set with refined sugars, hfcs syrup, sugar substitutes, hydrogenated fats, soy, synthetic food dyes, sodium, hormones, antibiotics and genetically modified ingredients. I was just not making these purchases myself however i was along for your trip. When i watched the cart refill, my disgust and rage with one of these items began growing uncontrolled, I had to walk away because i felt close to explode. Unfortunately, I was just unable render any difference among the purchases and I felt awful concerning this. I really hope this info will enable you to to make better options for your children.
Below are selection of unintended side effects is in most cases linked to seniors, not children, but currently there’s been a dramatic spike in children suffering as well. Health issues from processed food ingredients:
• Refined sugars and HFCS (hfcs syrup) – kidney problems, obesity, diabetes, high cholesterol, joint pain and inflammation, cell die-off degrades DNA and RNA, cancer, compromised immune system (Dr. Gary Null; Sugar: Killing us Sweetly)
• Artificial sweeteners – desensitized sweetness receptors causing increasing requirement for more sweetness and intense cravings, kidney problems, obesity, diabetes, cancer, compromised immunity (Rebecca J. Brown, Mary Ann De Banate, and Kristina I. Rother; Artificial Sweeteners: A Systemic Guide to Metabolic Effects in Youth)
• Bad fats – high cholesterol, reduces the body’s natural anti-inflammatory response, stunts the proliferation of vital organs as well as having the brain (Dr. Barry Sears; Facts About Trans fats and Oils), compromised immune system, diabetes, reduces the absorption of necessary nutrients, intense cravings
• Soy – thyroid disorders, endocrine and hormone disruption, fertility problems, digestive issues, cancer, brain damage, kidney stones, malnutrition (Dr. Joseph Mercola; The Dark Side of Soy)
• Synthetic food dyes – ADHD and behavioral issues, cancer, neurotoxin, bladder and thyroid tumors (Dr. Joseph Mercola; Are You plus your Family Eating Toxic Food Dyes? and Center for Science publicly Interest; Food Dyes – A Rainbow of Risks)
• Sodium – premium quality, unprocessed salt has many health benefits; but highly degraded and processed salt is added excessively to highly processed creating intense cravings higher than and more highly processed foods
• Hormones – increased likelihood of cancers, weight due to increased cortisol production that’s causing the body to carry onto fat and distribute it around the organs (Dr. Andrew Weil, MD)
• Antibiotics – the level of antibiotics consumed in foods made from food producing animals is generating strains of resistant bacteria, thereby that makes it problematic to effectively treat a disorder that will benefit from them. More frequent and increased doses are required as a way to succeed. This increased intake murder what is healthful bacteria our body systems should maintain our immunity system. (CDC, Antibiotic use in Food Producing Animals)
• GMO’s – liver damage, endocrine disruption, fertility issues, DNA changes, auto-immune disease, kidney disease, food allergies (Jeffery Smith; Responsibletechnology.org: GE Foods May Cause Rising Food Allergies)
Why do we consider feeding our infants poison and toxins a treat? What is a reason why we not see the wonderful and truly natural sweetness of a new strawberry or the nutrition packed energy associated with a cucumber as a reward? How accomplished the feat become so rotated that most of us view nutrition and health as low man on the totem pole? Ease of use and convenience are currently our primary concern. Our infants are paying a very high price for this.
The incidences of chronic illnesses in little ones has sky rocketed during the last a handful of decades.
For the first time ever the lifestyle expectancy of today’s children is required to get under it’s useful life expectancy of the parents. 1 in 3 children born in 2000 will develop diabetes with their lifetime. Cancer would be the leading cause of death in youngsters over 15, half of Americans are expected to contract cancer. Childhood obesity has tripled in my last 25 years. There have been dramatic increases in allergies, asthma, fatty liver disease (non alcohol related), ADHD and Autism. Since 2012 the life span expectancy at birth of US children ranked 50th overall on earth. (CIA World Factbook)
US food companies add 15 million pounds of synthetic food dyes to the foods they produce. Approximately 80% among antibiotics produced are utilized in meat and poultry production. This means the other 20% is utilized for the remedy for humans. US agriculture uses and estimated 1.$2 billion pounds of herbicides and pesticides annually. Commercially produced seed companies control approximately 90% of our food supply and Monsanto and Dupont are considered the largest producers.
Profits are considered the only concern for the majority of food manufacturers. Your health in our children doesn’t even rate a blip on the radar, at least inside an impactful way. The only concern is the idea that we are fooled into believing they care plus the food is perfect for them. The FDA has approved most of the ingredients utilized manufacture, process, cultivate to increase what you eat we eat. This belief has led to the misunderstanding it ought to be healthy.
The level of marketing dollars spent to entice our children using these products is astounding. It’s not a wonder there may be temper tantrums among the grocery aisles once we say no to sugary cereals. I dare one to find a child that holds never heard about a fruit roll-up, yogurt or juice pouch, fruit loops or lucky charms, gummi worms, lunchable or snackable; choices of negative foods is big. It’s criminal how these toxic treats are being marketed in our children who don’t know any better. It’s our duty as parents to teach them, teach them the best choices for a healthy life now and into the longer term.
You can earn nutritional changes in your home by so it is fun specifically for your children, including them in the preparation of food and choosing whole, unprocessed foods as treats; preferably organic to avoid pesticides and fertilizers. Help them into grow vegetables and fruit, children like to eat whatever they have tended. Become active as part of your child’s school so as to modify the foods served as well as having the rewards given for a job well done.
- Parenting & Discipline : How to Discipline Your Child Without Yelling or Spanking - December 15, 2016
- How Childhood Trauma Affects Parenting - December 15, 2016
- Parenting the Sensitive Child with Julie Rosenshein - December 15, 2016
- The Parenting Mistake That Makes Teens Push You Away | Oprah’s Lifeclass | Oprah Winfrey Network - December 15, 2016
- parenting alone - December 15, 2016
- Parenting solo, you’re not completely alone - December 15, 2016
- Episode 3- Parenting – What To Do When Doing It Alone - December 15, 2016
- Any advice for single parents in parenting alone? With Kelly Nault-Matzen - December 15, 2016
- Any advice for single parents in parenting alone? WithKelly Nault-Matzen - December 15, 2016
- Struggling with parenting? You are not alone - December 15, 2016