Parents as teachers-This video was created for parents as teachers of their child with special needs. When you are a parent, you share a very powerful bond with your child and this can apply even more so when you are a parent of a child with special needs.
So many underestimate the value of the role of parents as teachers in their childs life but look at how much our kids rely on us, how much they look up to us. Isn’t it only natural we parents as teachers should be the best teachers for our kids?
We have their backs, know their needs, love them unconditionally and want to be strong role models for them. Parents as teachers can teach so much as we come from a place of love and want what is best for our kids.
A childs education begins years before their first day of school, and their moms and dads are their first real instructors, to help make sure their childs development is on pace. It is a family support program designed to empower all parents to give their child the best possible start in life.
With parents as teachers, children can learn so much positive behaviour, model themselves on their moms and dads and learn from them in an environment where they will be safe and supported. Parents as teachers have the added advantage of having wisdom and experience on our sides. We want our kids to learn and explore the world around them for themselves, learn to be as independent as possible, contribute positively to society, integrate and have friends and we are the best ones to teach our kids all this.
Including kids in everyday activities, involving them in some of the decision making process, teaching them responsibility and consequences will give your child as sense of ownership and belonging and they will greatly benefit from this.
Of course this does require that parents as teachers need to approach parenting always from a place of love and understanding of their childs needs, strengths and weaknesses and will help and support them in a most positive, empathetic and loving manner.
Some of us will find it easier to just be a parent while others will feel more comfortable in the role of teacher and see their greatest challenge seeing themselves being parents as teachers. What ever role you find best suits, always put your childs needs first and you won’t go astray.
parents as teachers
teachers as parents
teaching your kids
- Dear Exhausted Parents: A Little Screen Time Doesn’t Hurt and Can Actually Help - February 6, 2020
- Parenting & Discipline : How to Discipline Your Child Without Yelling or Spanking - December 15, 2016
- How Childhood Trauma Affects Parenting - December 15, 2016
- Parenting the Sensitive Child with Julie Rosenshein - December 15, 2016
- The Parenting Mistake That Makes Teens Push You Away | Oprah’s Lifeclass | Oprah Winfrey Network - December 15, 2016
- parenting alone - December 15, 2016
- Parenting solo, you’re not completely alone - December 15, 2016
- Episode 3- Parenting – What To Do When Doing It Alone - December 15, 2016
- Any advice for single parents in parenting alone? With Kelly Nault-Matzen - December 15, 2016
- Any advice for single parents in parenting alone? WithKelly Nault-Matzen - December 15, 2016