A quick intro into what happens in our brains when we experience a BIG feeling, and what happens in a child’s brain too…how do we experience our fight, flight or freeze response and how can we use the latest brain research in mindfulness to calm ourselves down and calm our kids down…and why it’s important for everyone to calm down before talking it out!!
For more info on mindful parenting visit www.mindfulparentingmindfulcoaching.com or facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mindful-Parenting-Mindful-Coaching-281364238702629/
I first learnt about this concept in the Bringing Up Great Kids Program – http://bringingupgreatkids.org/en/ it is fantastic and there are some great resources for parents such as the Mindful Parenting Book. Dan Siegel was the first to use the hand model of the brain as far as I know – check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm9CIJ74Oxw and you’ll find it within Positive Discipline workshops too 🙂
My name is Sara Phillips, I’m a Mum and a parent coach and I am practicing mindful parenting daily!
- Dear Exhausted Parents: A Little Screen Time Doesn’t Hurt and Can Actually Help - February 6, 2020
- Parenting & Discipline : How to Discipline Your Child Without Yelling or Spanking - December 15, 2016
- How Childhood Trauma Affects Parenting - December 15, 2016
- Parenting the Sensitive Child with Julie Rosenshein - December 15, 2016
- The Parenting Mistake That Makes Teens Push You Away | Oprah’s Lifeclass | Oprah Winfrey Network - December 15, 2016
- parenting alone - December 15, 2016
- Parenting solo, you’re not completely alone - December 15, 2016
- Episode 3- Parenting – What To Do When Doing It Alone - December 15, 2016
- Any advice for single parents in parenting alone? With Kelly Nault-Matzen - December 15, 2016
- Any advice for single parents in parenting alone? WithKelly Nault-Matzen - December 15, 2016