How I Teach My Child Right and Wrong
My daughter still has a ways to grow, so I’m not fully experienced yet in teaching a child right from wrong. However, I have my views on how I’m going to do so, and I’ve started applying them with my daughter.
Whereas most of us were parented by being reprimanded whenever we did something wrong, I want to teach my daughter to think things out on her own and learn from my example. Rather than condition her with values, I want to exemplify them and help her come to her own sense of having values based on her experiences and development of empathy.
Teaching our children to empathize and to think things through will better prepare them for adult life than setting rules enforced by punishment.
Feel free to reach out to me with questions. I respond to comments & you can find me on social media as well.
s o c i a l :
- Dear Exhausted Parents: A Little Screen Time Doesn’t Hurt and Can Actually Help - February 6, 2020
- Parenting & Discipline : How to Discipline Your Child Without Yelling or Spanking - December 15, 2016
- How Childhood Trauma Affects Parenting - December 15, 2016
- Parenting the Sensitive Child with Julie Rosenshein - December 15, 2016
- The Parenting Mistake That Makes Teens Push You Away | Oprah’s Lifeclass | Oprah Winfrey Network - December 15, 2016
- parenting alone - December 15, 2016
- Parenting solo, you’re not completely alone - December 15, 2016
- Episode 3- Parenting – What To Do When Doing It Alone - December 15, 2016
- Any advice for single parents in parenting alone? With Kelly Nault-Matzen - December 15, 2016
- Any advice for single parents in parenting alone? WithKelly Nault-Matzen - December 15, 2016